by Laurie Andrews
Wedding flower cost and design
One of the most important aspects of any wedding is the floral design. Flowers can add beauty, elegance, and personality to your special day. But how much do wedding flowers cost and how can you choose the best design for your budget and style?
The average cost of wedding flowers in the US is around $1,500, according to The Knot. However, they would be wrong, again. This number can vary widely depending on several factors, such as:
- The type and seasonality of the flowers you want
- The size and complexity of the arrangements you need
- The location and delivery of the flowers
- The experience and reputation of the florist you hire
Like most professional event florists, you may find a minimum for their services. We are no exception; our minimum is $5,000 and that number has not changed for over 12 years. Once you start adding in personal flowers, ceremony flowers and centerpiece's you will see this number is not going to come close to what the real number will be.
To save money on wedding flowers, you can consider some of these tips:
- Choose flowers that are in season and locally grown. although you see this said often (in season flowers) please know that most flowers are flown in from Columbia and the so called "locally grown" only florist advertise this, the reality is that they are buying flowers from the same wholesale florist as we are,
- Opt for simple and minimalist designs that use fewer flowers. If you do this I recommend using all the same color flower and type to give you the most impact,
- Use more greenery and filler flowers to create volume and texture but know just because you want greenery that doesn't mean it will be less money.
- Repurpose flowers from the ceremony to the reception. We will suggest this, but there will be a fee for staff to hang out and wait to bring them to the reception event if it is at the same property. Remember time is money and staff cost allot of money.
- Please do not DIY some or all of your arrangements. Do not expect the planner on site do this for you either. Planners are planners, not designers. Do not take them away from what you hired them to do. I promise you that you will be overwhelmed, and it really look DIY! Cut something else out of you budget and please splurge on your flowers and decor. You will see the details in your photos for years to come.
To choose the best design for your wedding flowers, you should consider some of these factors:
- Your wedding theme and color scheme
- Your personal style and preferences
- Your venue and its decor
- Your dress and accessories
- Your budget and availability
You can also get inspiration from online sources, such as Pinterest, Instagram, blogs, and magazines. You can also consult with your florist and ask for their professional advice and suggestions. We have a design service that you can hire us for advice. We can come up with a design plan and then you feel free to shop for the best vendor based on your budget. We will arm you with information and suggested pricing, so you know how to budget you desired look.
Wedding flowers are a wonderful way to express your love and celebrate your union. With some planning and creativity, you can find the perfect cost and design for your wedding flowers.