Tips for Designing a Dreamy Coastal Wedding in Maine
Maine is known for its stunning coastal landscapes and charming towns, making it the perfect destination for a dreamy coastal wedding. Whether you’re a local or planning a destination wedding, here are some tips to help you design the wedding of your dreams in Maine.
1. Choose the Perfect Venue: With its coastline stretching over 3,000 miles, Maine offers a plethora of beautiful wedding venues. From historic lighthouses to rustic barns, there is something to suit every couple’s taste. Consider venues such as Cliff House Maine or French’s Point for breathtaking views and a true coastal experience. Don’t forget to check if the venue offers accommodation for your guests to enjoy their stay fully.
2. Embrace the Coastal Theme: Incorporate elements of the coastal theme throughout your wedding design. Opt for a color palette inspired by the ocean, using soft blues, sandy neutrals, and touches of green to create a serene atmosphere. Seashells, driftwood, and nautical accents can also be incorporated into your decorations. For an authentic touch, source local flowers, such as wildflowers and beach roses, for your floral arrangements.
3. Plan Outdoor Activities: Take advantage of Maine’s picturesque coastline by planning outdoor activities for your guests. Whether it’s a beach bonfire, a lobster bake, or a boat tour along the coast, these activities will enhance the overall wedding experience and create lasting memories for everyone involved. Make sure to inform your guests in advance, so they can plan accordingly.
4. Serve Local Delicacies: Maine is renowned for its seafood, so why not incorporate it into your wedding menu? Serve fresh Maine lobster or other locally caught fish as a main course, paired with seasonal vegetables and delicious sides. For dessert, offer blueberry-themed treats, as blueberries are a Maine specialty. Don’t forget to cater to any dietary restrictions or preferences your guests may have.
5. Capture the Scenic Beauty: Maine’s coastal landscapes provide breathtaking backdrops for wedding photography. Choose a professional photographer who specializes in capturing outdoor scenery to ensure that your wedding photos reflect the beauty of the surroundings. Schedule a photoshoot during the golden hour, just before sunset, for truly enchanting pictures.
6. Consider the Climate: Maine’s weather can be unpredictable, so it’s important to plan accordingly. If you’re having an outdoor ceremony or reception, have a backup plan in case of rain or extreme weather. Rent a large tent or consider an indoor venue that provides sweeping views of the coast. Advise your guests to dress in layers, as evenings can be cooler, even during the summer months.
Designing a dreamy coastal wedding in Maine is all about embracing the natural beauty of the surroundings. By incorporating these tips into your planning process, you’ll create an unforgettable experience for you, your partner, and your guests. Whether it’s the stunning venues, the delicious local cuisine, or the breathtaking landscapes, Maine weddings truly offer a magical and romantic experience.
——————- Article posted by: Maine Weddings https://www.laurieandrewsdesign.com/